Tuesday, May 30, 2017

5-30-17 Marietta Town Square:

When Angie said she had a Dr. appointment in Marietta, I asked her if she'd like me to ride along with her.  I know it's about 45 minutes away.  She accepted my offer and suggested I go check out the Town Square while she's at her appointment.  So I did.  I had never been to Marietta before, so didn't have any idea of what to expect.  I was actually thinking she was sending me to a mall.  I was pleasantly surprised to find a cute little town square like so many little town squares, but this one was bustling with restaurants, specialty shops, and even a park in the center of the square.   So I parked the car and walked around.



There's even a little band stand in the center park area.
 Nice how they had the flags up, I presume in honor of Memorial Day.
 There's a cute little pagoda, too.
 and a statue
 and a fountain in the center


 parking all around the square
 an old theatre where live bands apparently play now.
 even a little train

 even a liberty bell


 across one of the streets was this sign about the square.
 I started to shop the little stores,
 but a storm hit complete with thunder, lightening, and rain---so I hot footed it back to the car.  I liked the Van Gogh like view the rain on the windshield yielded.  AFter a few minutes there, Angie called to say she was done, so I made my way back to the Dr.'s office. 
 By now it was lunch time, so we drove back to the square and decided to eat at a panini place.  I had a salad, she got a panini, both were excellent!  We even went to a couple of the nearby stores before getting back in the car. 
As we drove out of town, we marveled at the huge old Victorian houses all along the way to the interstate.  It was a fun little outing---at least for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment