Saturday, May 13, 2017

5-11 and 12, 2017  Angie and me to Knoxville to check out an Estate sale:

A couple days after Ken and I got back from Knoxville, Angie and I were on our way back there!  She found an Estate sale there on the 12th that she wanted to check out.  Lots of folk art and old furniture like she likes.  So she asked if I wanted to go with her.  Of course I said yes!  So we made it a little mother/daughter trip.  Don't know how many more of those we'll get now that they're in an adoption program.
With traffic still a mess on the perimeter highway due to the burned down I-85, we took the back route to Knoxville.  It took us up through Ball Ground, Ga.  Ken and I have been through there many times on our trips to and from Chattanooga and the North Ga. mountains.  This place always looked interesting.  Angie said she had heard lots of good things about it, so we made it part of our trip!  Lunch in a bus!
 The Burger Bus.  Pretty reasonably priced, too.


The burgers were even really good!
 Of course we stayed at Tim and Faith's in Knoxville.  We got there shortly after Faith got home.  It was a nice evening.  We went to dinner at a new Italian place for them---quite popular, but I forget the name.  I had a salad---trying to be good and get in shape, not that it's working too quickly---of course it probably didn't help that I had a big burger for lunch!  But the salad was good and I think everyone else liked their dinner, too.  Then we all rode around looking for a sunset spot. 
 Good spot, but not much of a sunset.  So I settled for reflection pictures.
 The next morning Angie and I were up and out of the house by 6:30 and at the estate sale by 7---2 hours early.  We got line numbers---3 and 4, and she gave me a list of items to look for while she went for a couple others.    The lady whose estate was being liquidated sounded like she was a really neat lady.  She was even a bird watcher.  I was able to get some birding, wild flower, tree guide books.  She was a professor and world traveler who collected folk art. 
 Angie and I got in there and grabbed everything she wanted.  She was afraid 1 and 2 were going for her items, but they were after something else.  Angie ended up spending about $800 and getting quite quite the deals---could sell them on Slotin for a bundle! 
 We even got a few things for Faith---like the rustic kitchen utensils and freaky pumpkin. 
 The trip was a big success---Angie got the items she wanted and I got to see Tim and Faith again.

No comments:

Post a Comment