Saturday, May 13, 2017

5-12-17 my Birthday dinner!

Angie and I rushed home (4 hour car ride) from KNoxville so that we'd be back in time to go to dinner.  They wanted to take us out to dinner for my birthday before Ken and I left for Florida for 10 days.  I didn't plan that trip too well, we were gone for Mother's Day, as well as my birthday.
I made them choose the restaurant and they chose Bare Bones in historic Buford.  We had been there once before---for Josh's birthday last June---and really enjoyed it, but it is expensive (although not for us since they picked up the bill!).  I was happy to be going back!
 Although I was tempted to go with a salad, I decided to splurge.  Josh suggested we share the special which included porterhouse steak for 2, a side, and a dessert for something like $50.  Guess that's really not bad for 2 people.


Along with the steak we got mac and cheese for the side.  ---and a beer!
 the steak was even cut at the table by our waiter.
 Lots of meat here for 2 people, but it was so good we ate it all!!!!  It really was excellent!!!!
Can't wait to go back again.  Hopefully it won't be another year until we do!  Thanks Angie and Josh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment