Thursday, May 25, 2017

5-24-17  Dinner and camera club meeting in Lawrenceville:

I was glad the camera club meeting wasn't while we were in Florida.  The speaker today was a bird photographer and apparently makes a living doing so. 
But first, we met Angie and Josh in Lawrenceville for dinner.  Then Ken went back to their house with them and I picked him up after the meeting.
Dinner---another new place for us---Universal Joint.  An interesting bar in the old town area of Lawrenceville.  We were even able to sit outside and enjoy the beautiful weather.  Hope we get back there!  Gotta get Ken to branch out and leave the Buford/Suwanee area for dinner!



The meeting wasn't far away.  In fact, I was probably closer to the meeting place when we were at the restaurant then where I was finally able to find a place to park for the meeting!  Fortunately there was still someone by the door to let me in.
 The guy was really interesting.  not only did he talk about his camera settings and equipment, but he also talked about how he attracts the birds and sells the pictures.  By posting to instagram and such, companies found him and many come back to him with requests for pictures. 
The meeting was rather long.  They probably spent 40 minutes just talking club stuff before the speaker.  So when it was over, I didn't mingle and try to meet anyone.  Figured I better get to Suwanee and get Ken.   They even had another birthdayMother's day present for me---a candle and a wooden / Florida license plate sign.  Pretty neat!   

No comments:

Post a Comment