Friday, May 26, 2017

5-26-17  a walk through George Pierce:

We finally found another restaurant that we might include in our regulars---Hammerheads Seafood Bar and Grill.  Another advantage to it is it's near one of the Gwinnett parks that I like---George Pierce.  So after dinner, we went to the park.  Ken dropped me off at one part of the park, and parked about a mile away.  I walked the paved and boardwalk trail to where he parked.  One night, we even went to the softball fields and watched some adult softball.  It was fun watching some sports again.  Now if only I could get back into some!!!
Photos from my walk:



this is the area I had seen Great Blue Herons, wood ducks, geese, and turtles  in the past
 not the turtles I remember seeing here before.  Doesn't look like a snapper, either.  Wonder what kind it is?

 Really is pretty especially with the trees all leafed out.
 the area where we saw a lot of birds then I went on the birding walk a month or so ago.  Could hear them now, but hard to see any with all the foliage.
 where some geese and ducks hung out before.

 nice shaded walk.
 don't know what these are called, but they made for a fragrant walk.
I do love getting out and seeing the nature around here.  Seems to be more of it here then around Florissant.

No comments:

Post a Comment