Saturday, April 28, 2018

4-28-18 touring houses!

Also while we were there, the fence builders were still working on the kids' new back yard privacy fence.  It was suppose to be done before they got back from St. Louis, but weather prevented that.  Since the dogs couldn't go outside on their own, I took them for a walk down Chinaberry.  Wow, what a street!  Every house is so unique and the yards are spectacular. 
 walking back up the street.
 Originally the privacy fence just encompassed the pool area.  Now the dogs have about a quarter of an acre to run around in.
 I had found a couple open houses.  One happened to be the same layout as the one we wanted to look at in Perry.  This one was in Kathleen, about 15 minutes from the kids' house.  So we went to check it out.  It was about 150sq ft. larger, but same layout.  Loved the all brick exterior.
 the floors were a little darker than I like and there was no refrigerator.  Apparently new houses here don't include fridges. 
 outside is even wired for tv.
 the back yard wasn't even bad.  There is a pretty busy street behind the trees, but that should mean the trees aren't being removed.
 Love the fancy ceiling in the master bedroom. 
 Love the huge shower and double vanity, too.
 From pictures, I was a little confused as to where the other rooms were.  But after seeing it first hand, I like the way they did it.
 even like the mud room/ laundry room.
 and the automatic garage doors and that the garage even had a storage room.
 On to the 2 bedroom side of the house.  Lots of linen/junk storage.
 not large, but for extra space, the 2 smaller bedrooms should be adequate.
 I even like the white beams on the ceiling.  I told Ken I would like ours to be white in St. Louis.
 Only thing I really didn't like about this one compared to the one in Perry is it's $30,000 more! 
 Love the ride back to the kids' house. 
 reminds me a lot of the Willamette Valley of Oregon.
 I had seen another open house listed in Kathleen that I wanted to go see, but it wasn't open for a couple more hours.  We didn't make it back there.
Ken probably wouldn't have liked it anyway---it had some 2nd floor rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment