Friday, April 27, 2018

4-27-18  back to Perry!

Not really sure why Ken was so insistant on taking another load of stuff to Perry, but here we are!  We have a 20' truck reserved for the 9th, but I'll be surprised if it's half full!  Hope stuff doesn't shift around too much!
Anyway---we've been looking for a place to rent and everything that looked good is gone before we have a chance to see it.  So we decided to check out purchasing a house.  I've been somewhat disappointed that I've never really had a chance to look for and pick our a place to live.   Our place in St. Louis was Mom and Dad's before we took over payments and spent the next 40 years there.  Then Ken chose the apartment in S. Florida without looking at anything else.  But I was so excited that he was willing to rent one that I would have agreed to any place!  Turned out to be a really nice place, though.  Then when we were moving to Georgia I had a list of 5 or 6 apartment complexes to look at.  But before we got up here, Ken put a down payment on our current place sight unseen because he liked the location of the apartment in the complex and that it had an attached garage.  Didn't look at any other apartments, but I do like it---for an apartment.  But I'm not real happy with our current upstairs neighbors!!!  Sounds like it's thundering about 20 hours a day!  So when we decided to follow the kids to middle Georgia, I started hitting the internet hard for home rentals.  We quickly decided on renting a house so we didn't have upstairs neighbors and since we couldn't find apartments with garages.  AFter seeing a couple rental homes, we decided to check into purchasing a home.  There certainly are a lot of them available in the area!  And the price is right! 
Ken happened to find this one on line and sent me the link.  After looking at it, I decided I really liked it---so did he, obviously.  So we called the owner and set up a time to go see it while we're down here this time.  Angie and Josh weren't to excited about that.  They didn't like that it's for sale by owner or  the neighborhood it's in---a lot of construction going on and some odd fences in the area.  But I kept looking at houses and even toured 3 or 4 and didn't see anything I liked nearly as much as this one.  Love the size, 1700sq'; wooded back yard; layout; colors of floors, cabinets, counters; covered patio; master bedroom and bathroom.  I even liked the furniture in the place!
 By the time we left (6 days later), the house to left of it was ready to have the roof put on!
 Loved getting to spend a lot more time with this little cutie, too. 
We only planned to stay a couple nights, but ended up extending our stay to 6 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment