Tuesday, April 17, 2018

4-17-18 on to Knoxville, by way of Amicalola Falls,

Now for the next big hurdle in this short amount of time----a trip back to St. Louis for Josh's parents 50th wedding anniversary party that Angie and Josh threw for them.  We made the trip another little vacation.  Starting with a trip Amicalola Falls and a night in Knoxville with Tim and Faith.

Gonna miss the quick and easy rides up into the North Georgia mountains.



and more old barns for my old barn fetish

Love all the flowering trees right now.
Wouldn't mind having this house!
Or one of these.
more wild flowering trees.
and fields of flowering weeds.
and odd barns.

When we got to Amicalola, we headed straight to the lodge for lunch.
love the landscaping there.
gonna miss this lodge cafe, too.
after lunch, I took a walk to the falls and down the trail.  Ken dropped me off near the top of the falls and waited for me at the bottom of it.
so many wild flowers
like these that I've never seen before.
and these.
lots of trees budding out.
and these rare things

I love the falls, too, but the wild flowers right now are make it even more interesting.

heading across the falls and down the other side.
looking up from the bridge
and down
half way down.

a rare selfie!
love the red accents to these wild flowers.

so many interesting leaves and shadows.
not to mention all the different wild flowers.
wild flowers among wild flowers!
even cute little wild orchids
even the bees were enjoying the wild flowers.

don't know what these are that grow on a tree, but they sure are fragrant.
another interesting flowering tree.
heading on to Knoxville.
back to looking for barns.

Yep---they are!
the mountains as seen from the kids' exit.
finally at their place.  They still have daffodils blooming.
They took us to another burger place we'd not been to.  I had to try the Hawaii five oh
It was quite good----but too big to eat all at once.
back at their house, I got to try out the camera zoom of my new phone----Samsung 8G/ The 4Gs Faith had passed down to me 3 years ago finally died a couple days ago.  Fortunately I was able to get my contacts off of it.  First phone I've bought for myself.  Now that the kids lease their phones, I don't get their hand me downs! 
I'll have to admit it has a pretty great camera!
Another busy day of travel, but a fun one.

No comments:

Post a Comment