Thursday, April 26, 2018

4-26-18  Dicky Doos and Ivy Creek, too:

Before Angie and Josh moved to Perry, they gave us a $25 gift certificate to Dicky Doo's that Josh had won at a work party.  So today Ken and I decided to go check it out.  I was impressed!  Quite an a variety of entrees and sides!  And it was all very good and cheap.  We did manage to spend the whole $25, but we both got drinks and dessert with our meals. 
 Cute little place.  Too bad we didn't know about it sooner.  Don't know how often we would  have gotten there since it was a pretty good distance away---20 minutes or so when traffic on I-85 is good.  It's just scary to get on I-85---you never know when it's going to come to a complete stop.
 Back at the apartment complex, we stopped at the dumpster to throw some trash away.  I'm always amazed at the stuff people throw away.  This time I found this tri-pod there.  This is a $100+ tri-pod!  It is missing the quick release piece, but they're easy to find online and only about $15.   Ken also grabbed the yard stick.
 Back at our apartment, Ken had managed to get most of the garage items into the 5x8 trailer to haul down there this Friday.  It hasn't been this empty the whole 2 years we "lived" here!
 Later I headed out on the Ivy Creek Greenway.  I'm really going to miss it!  Even though the traffic here is awful, the preserve the runs along our apartment complex is convenient.  Often when Ken and I are out, I have him drop me off up by Costco and I walk back through the preserve.  I've heard people express concerns of safety there, but I've never encountered anything strange there.
 Except maybe some of the wildflowers.
 and flowering vines.
 Quite a few people do use the trail, even though it may not look like it here.
 The apartment amenity area of the trail---which leads up into the complex.
 the stairs and ramp to the complex.
 I always take a break here and enjoy the sounds of the creek.  Great place to sit and drink the water I often bring with me.
There will be a lot I won't miss about this area, but the Preserve is one place I will miss!  Hopefully I can find somewhere to go that's conveniently close to our new place in Perry, Ga.

No comments:

Post a Comment