Sunday, April 23, 2017

4-22-17  baking and cake making!

The kids took off in the morning to pick up Sara from the airport and spent the rest of the day and night at Josh's folks place.  I spent the day baking cupcakes, making icing, decorating cupcakes, making a couple corsages for them to wear, and building a diaper "cake".  I've seen them at showers before, but had never made one.  We thought it would be a cute way to help decorate the pavilion by having it on the gift table.  Luckily, I had asked Becky if she had a table we could borrow.  When she called to drop it off, I mentioned the diaper cake I was making and she offered to help me.  That worked for me!  Especially since I had no car so she ran to get stuff like a base to put it on, foil to cover the base, hot glue, baby spoons to hold the layers together, wash cloths to make whales out of, and I'm sure there was more.  It was nice having the company and catching up with her again.  I even got the cupcakes iced between her trips here and there.
about 75 cupcakes--done
 diaper cake in the making.



 corsages done---except for writing Dad and Mom on the anchors.
 diaper cake---done!
 Coni and Jen picked me up about 6 pm and treated me to Castelli's Restaurant---famous for their fried chicken.  This is half a chicken!!!
A fun day with old friends.  I do miss having people to run around with.  I had started to make friends in Florida, then we moved.  Still haven't made any here in Georgia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment