Tuesday, April 11, 2017

4-10-17  back to George Pierce park:  And the start of our pool renovations!!!!!

This time I took my "birding" lens---my 150-600mm lens.  Only we (Ken and I) got there about 2pm.  By then it was a bit warm and the sun was beating down.  It got up in the 80s today, but it was still really nice.  Birding wasn't as good today.  I presume it was because of the time of day that we went---or that it's easier to find birds when 16 other people are telling you where they are.  But I was happy to be able to use my good lens again.

I believe this is a blue gray gnatcatcher.
 I was excited to see these guys.  I didn't see them Sat.---but I imagine the rest of the bird watchers did.  I saw a couple of these guys 1 time in Florida at Green Cay.  They are very distinguishable---cedar wax wings. 



 Took several pictures of them since I've only seen them twice in 60 years.
 The Great Blue Herons came flying in, too.  Here's the first of them.
I believe this is an Eastern Kingbird?
a turtle
2 of the Great Blue Herons in flight.
One on the ground.
Ken heading back.
 I would guess this is a Gray Kingbird?
 a Mallard duck
 Canadian Goose
 I would say Eastern Kingbird because of the white on it's tail?
 the above kingbird when it turned around.
 a Canadian goose munching on something.
 another Eastern Kingbird? 
 Interesting growth pattern on this tree.
 at one point, I came upon 3 deer.  They looked at me, then continued on foraging.

 I guess my foot long lens didn't scare them any.
 Western flycatcher?  I thought this was a blue gray gnatcatcher when I was taking it's picture.  I was surprised to see it wasn't when I looked at it on the computer.
 A couple wild flowers.
 wild dogwood bloom
We probably spent about 2 hours there.  Half of that time was probably spent chatting with other people wandering around there.  Certainly are a lot of friendly people out at these parks!

On a side note----as I was walking tonight, I walked by the pool.  Yea!!!  They've started the renovations!!!
 Can't wait for them to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment