Friday, April 21, 2017

4-20-17  back to St. Louis for another baby shower!

This time it's for Angie and Josh!  Now that they're approved to adopt, it was time to start thinking about what all they need.  Her friends in St. Louis, who have also adopted from Bethany, suggested we throw a baby shower for her.   Angie wanted it to be a "couples" shower, so we let her find the time and place.  She chose Tower Grove Park in downtown St. Louis at the Turkish Pavilion on April 23rd.  So Angie and I drove her SUV to St. Louis.  Josh followed on Friday night after work and flew home Sunday after the shower.  Ken stayed in Georgia and watched the dogs.

So----my frequent visits to St. Louis continues!  2 so far this year, with another one planned for June.  It's a long drive---10 hours, but not too bad when the weather cooperates.  Angie picked me up about 9 am and we were on our way.  Instead of going down I-85 to I-285 and sitting in the mess of traffic, we took SR 20 across to I-75---not really quicker, but a lot less stressful (usually) and more scenic.
I bet this house along the "hills" of SR 20 has quite a view!
 A few of the many horses in Georgia.


 a river along the way.
 We made a detour into Chattanooga for Angie to pick up a couple phone chargers they left there last week.  Even got to go through a tunnel along our detour.
 I always thought we were going to downtown when we'd meet Tim and Faith for brunch, but apparently not!  Angie and Josh stayed downtown, right by the art museum, aquarium, and discovery center.  This is part of the art museum.
 There's an interesting maze of bridges along here, too.
 The IMAX across from the hotel they stayed in.
 the Aquarium.
 discovery museum.
 Soon we were back on our way.  Traffic is always a mess here, too, but it is a pretty ride through on I-24.  Especially with all the spring wild flowers in the medium.
 I believe this is the Tennessee River as seen from I-24.
 Of course the weather is often suspect around Chattanooga.  It was suppose to be a nice sunny day today.
 We did hit some rain as we left Chattanooga.
 But soon the blue skies reappeared.
 You never know what you're going to see on the highway!!!  This time it was a giant lemon.  In fact, we managed to pass it 3 times---once here, again when we took a bypass around Nashville, and again after getting gas. 
 Speaking of the bypass, this is along Briley Parkway.  I like how the clouds are reflected in the windows.
 Like this one even better.
 Love the clouds!
 Gotta take pictures of this barn every time we go by it.  Some day I expect it to be gone.
 sky clouding over again.
 I'll call these giant spark plugs.
Finally in Illinois by the Shawnee Mountains.
 getting near St. Louis---somewhere on I-64.
 Lots and lots of these yellow "weeds"? along I-64.  We wondered if it was a cover crop?

Finally in north St. Louis County.  Just in time to witness a pretty nice sunset.
 Guess I won't be driving our truck while I'm there!
Thus began our short, but sweet trip back here.

No comments:

Post a Comment