Wednesday, April 12, 2017

4-11-17  our 2nd trip to the Marta:

My first was a few days ago when I drove Angie to the Doraville station so she could take it to the airport.  She was off to visit a college friend in Texas.  Today Ken went, too, to pick her up.  Since the I-85 fire that caused the interstate to collapse, it's really hard to get around the city.  So she took the Marta.  I was impressed----from the time I dropped her off the other day until the time she was through security was only about 35 minutes!  And Doraville is the northern most end of the line.  Coming back, though, she had a minor problem---she got on the wrong train.  But it was still coming north and we were early so we drove over to that station to get her.  It was still about a 40 minute drive from our apartment.  We tried to avoid I-285, but ended up on it when we were heading to the other station.  This is 10:30 am---and there was still a ton of traffic!
 Everyone has to take the perimeter highway now to get to the other side of Atlanta since I-85 was the one that cut through the city.  Hopefully they'll have the highway up and running again in a couple months.


 I was impressed with the Marta complex.
 Lots of free parking and elevated trains.  Seems pretty secure, although I heard today that 4 people were shot on one of the Martas today!  Angie and I were talking about taking it to the Botanical Gardens on Monday.  We may have to rethink that.
 Back in our neck of the woods, I walked by the pool to check on progress there.
 It's only been a day, but they've seemed to have done quite a bit!  I didn't know the border needed replacement, but it's off now.  They claim the heater works, but they never had it on since we've been there.  They claim the pump and filters are fixed now, too.  Can't wait to see.
 Continuing on my walk I got to enjoy the full blooms of the dogwood trees.
Not the most exciting day---but it was different.  Got to check out the public transit of Atlanta.  Got to see progress on the pool.  Not a bad day overall.


No comments:

Post a Comment