Friday, April 14, 2017

4-13-17 walking another part of the Ivy Creek Greenway:

Since the "kids" are gone again---off to Chattanooga this time for Josh to check out Cintas there---Ken's dog sitting again.  He didn't go over until late afternoon, so I went with him for a late lunch, then walked home from Moe's.  That took me to a different route then I normally walk.  There's a ramp from the shops and restaurants down to the greenway.  I had checked the ramp out from my bike a long time ago, but this is the first time I walked it.
Heading down to the greenway.
 I determined these were blackberry blossoms.  Looks like this might be a good area to try and pick blackberries when they're ripe.  There certainly are a lot of wild blackberry plants along here.




another interesting wild flower along the way
 more blackberry blossoms

 almost to the bottom of the ramp. 
 bottom of the ramp, looking towards the unpaved section of the greenway.    The unpaved section has a lot of boardwalks and viewing platforms made by the boyscouts. 
 More wild flowers.
 Spring is definately here!  82 degrees and lots of flowers and greenery now.
 Trees are still leafing out, but it is green.  This is one of the sections of boardwalks on the actual greenway.
 and a ground cover of tiny yellow flowers.
 In all the times I've been this way (on my bike), I never noticed the "weight limit" sign before!  I had read on the internet before we moved here that there was a road here, but didn't realize the trail is the actual road.  Makes sense since this looks like an old sturdy bridge.
 Love this view of the creek at the mill site.
 Love this view, too.  Gotta go off the "road" to get this view, but it's worth it.
 Not too many mill ruins around anymore and we have one right by our complex.  They even have a couple benches on the road overlooking the mill.
 another view to the far right of the falls.
 looking downstream.
 looking back towards the falls from a little farther down the "creek".
 One more picture of the falls and the old water wheel.
 back to wild flowers----love how these form a rectangle!
 I believe these are a wild rhodie!  Looks like they're beginning to bloom.
 Have no idea what these are,but they look cool.  Maybe a wild Magnolia??
 some baby leaves.
 the steps that lead down from the street our apartment complex is on.
 very poor picture, but I just had my phone with me and this is a bird I haven't seen before!  An Oriole????
 more rhodies?
 looking across the creek to some fuller rhodies.
 looking down stream for near the access to our apartment complex from the trail.
 heading up to our apartment. Nice that there are detached garages, but I'd sure hate to have the view of the back of them from my patio.  Fortunately we have an attached garage and we face to the back where the preserve is.
 Checking out the pool again.  Lots of workers!  I see they have the border along the top replaced already.
And thus end another day here where I didn't do much.  Did get my 10,000 steps in, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment