Thursday, June 28, 2018

6-28-18 Grants house

Not really for a visit---just wanted to get my Senior National Parks pass.  The kids and I are planning a trip to Yellowstone in Sept., so I wanted to get it before then.  So Ken and I took a ride out to Grant's House.  While there, I walked the grounds  a little bit.
Not only is Grant's house here, but Grant's farm is across the street and it has lots of wild animals in it.  They even run a shuttle through the farm sort of like a safari.  Pretty cool!  But no time for that today---we were meeting my brother and sister in law in O'Fallon, Illinois for lunch.
So I paid my $80 (was $20, I think, up until a couple years ago), got my pass, took a few pictures.
Headed back to the car.
And we were off for a fun visit with my brother.
Also had a dinner date with our neighbors, but had to postpone it due to another big storm coming through.
Didn't get the effect of the storm here---it was really dark and only 6pm.
Fortunately it was a fast moving storm and we still made it to dinner at Massa's Italian restaurant.  Good eats and visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment