Saturday, June 23, 2018

6-23-18 hanging out with Tim

Tim treated us this morning by cooking breakfast for us.  He's embracing being a Southerner now and makes a great biscuit!
After some hymning and  hawing about what to do the rest of the day, Ken suggested Tim and I go out looking for a new laptop for me.  Since I wasn't going to get to go into the mountains, I was happy to take this suggestion.  So we went to Sam's.  Tim explained the different computers to me and I settled on an HP.  It wasn't the most expensive one, but not a cheap one like Ken's.  He's always complaining about how poorly his works.  So for $799, hopefully this one will do what I want it to do.
After all that hard work, we went to Tropical Smoothie Cafe for smoothies.  I was very impressed!  Possibly the best smoothie I've ever bought!  Not too sweet, but lots of flavor.
Back at the house, Tim set up the new laptop for me.  Sure glad I got it then!  I would have been lost at all the stuff it wanted you to do at first.  Tim being an IT guy for the federal courts, quickly got through all of that and even loaded a professional security program on it, Office, a video player, and I have no idea what all else! 
For dinner, we took him to Lakeside Grill.  One of my favorite places there!
not much of a sunset again.
But it was really pleasant dining with the windows open.
back at Tim's, I marveled at their plants---like this one.
Not the typical vacation day, but a very productive one!

No comments:

Post a Comment