Tuesday, June 26, 2018

6-26-18 running around north county

Ken had his Dr. appointment this morning.  So I messed around with my new computer for awhile.  Using my new phone as a Hotspot.  Caught up on a couple bills I thought were covered.  I thought our insurance bills were all being covered by the premiums, but turns out 2 of them aren't!  At least they're only due once a year.  Also got the MSD bills of our rental home straightened out---I hope!  Seems like there's always something stupid to have to fix whenever we're in town.  In fact, there seems to be something stupid always going on now!
We did head off to Pirrone's for lunch with a friend.  Company and lunch was great as always there.
Dropped our friend off at her son's house after lunch.  I got a kick out of the sculpture he has in his yard.
I headed off to run some errands in the afternoon.  That's when the storms decided to roll in---literally.
The roll clouds were pretty impressive!
and very wide
fast moving, too.
AFter a lengthy downpour, we headed out to Alton for dinner at Castelli's.  LOVE their fried chicken.  Also love that when we're heading back into Mo. from Illinois, we pass a great vantage point for catching sunset.  Looked like we might have a nice one, so we stopped and watched it. 
Looking back at the bridge to Alton.
checking out the migratory ponds before sunset.
The over to the river overlook and a pretty nice sunset.
The water level was lower then usual. 
But still made for a nice view.
A pretty nice day.  Sometimes I miss St. Louis.  But I would miss the kids more if we lived here full time.

No comments:

Post a Comment