Tuesday, March 20, 2018

3-20-2018  another trip to the Social Security office:

With all my important papers in hand (or that I thought were important papers for the last 62 years), and my passport, I was off to another Social Security office---this time in Gwinnett County, GA.  Got there pretty early, but still had a 2 hour wait.  Someone actually called me back after about an hour, but when she found out I was a child born abroad of American parents, she couldn't help me and told me to go back to the waiting room  and wait for a more experienced person.  At least she admitted she didn't know how to handle my case.  When I was called back again, I was surprised when they handed me a phone and said the young man on the other end would take care of me by phone!  He had them make more copies of my papers and said I was good to go--as in I could leave and he'd work on it.  When I mentioned there must be a lot of people in the same boat as me, he said not really---he had only come across that 1 other time.  Where are all these military brats that were born overseas 60+ years ago???? 
Did he get it fixed?  I have no idea!  But he seemed confident he would.  So hopefully I'm an American citizen again, or should I say finally?!

No comments:

Post a Comment