Friday, March 2, 2018

3-2-18  Lake Lanier

 Decided to take another ride over to the lake.  Probably won't get back up here once we move.
West Bank Park from the dam again.
 First we went down to the spillway just south of the dam.  Lots of ground cover flowering right now.


 and a few Canadian geese.
 the river was really high
 more flowering ground cover
 I took a short walk along the river
 then we headed over to West Bank park
 looking towards the walkway I'd be on in a few minutes.

 This is a beautiful park with lots of picnic tables and a nice walking path that's right along the water
 walking along the path
 this is the first time I've seen this whole area with water in it.
 more of the path
 and more
 and more
 and .... .
 don't know what these are, but it's nice to see the trees coming alive again.
 a lone Bradford Pear?
 as we were driving out, I spotted this guy.  First time I've seen a grebe in Georgia.  Saw another one on the other side of the road, too.
Although the traffic in the Atlanta area is awful, I love that there are places like this that are easily accessible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment