Tuesday, May 29, 2018

5-29-18  to Macon:

Today Angie had to take the title for their Civic to the Volvo dealer.  They traded it in for a cute little 2015 Volvo on Sat., but forgot to take the title with them.  Being small town USA, the dealership said bring it on Tues. and sent them home with their new used Volvo.  So today I got to ride into Macon with Angie and Layla.
After dropping off the title, she even took me for a little tour of Macon.
They had considered moving to this area when they first started looking.  It's a pretty neat historic area---Vineville.
Yea, I don't think I'd mind puttering around in a house like this!
Sort of reminded me of Green street in Gainesville---only there they turned all the neat old Victorian houses into businesses.

Love the big old trees, too.
This one was rather plain in comparison to most of the houses here.
Yellow---the theme for one of the categories in the State Fair this Oct.  So when I see yellow now, I'm shooting it and wondering if I can do something with it.
There was even a house here that the kids thought about checking out.  But with the lack of parking and busy street, not to mention the seedier characters that congregate in more populated areas, they decided to look elsewhere.
In the big downtown area of Macon.
It has a really cute old historic downtown.
And it's surprisingly low trafficked.
Love the old ornate building facades.
Downtown isn't very big, but has a lot of character.


It was lunch time now, so we decided to go to Ocmulgee Brewpub.  Where I was happy to try a local IPA---don't remember the name of it now.
Cute place and very family oriented.
interesting wall art.
Just another view from our table.
We did have to park about 2 blocks away which meant I got to look at more interesting architecture.  But this would be an interesting concert!
Heading out.
Don't know who this is---could only read that he eventually became president.
Another cool building.
Even lots of trees downtown.
heading up towards the college.
I believe that's the college on the right.
more of Vineville.
Love this patio!
Wouldn't mind this patio, either---and the house that goes with it.
Not much of a yard to take care of here!
We stopped at Josh's office in Macon and dropped off half a sandwich for him.  About that time Layla woke up and started crying.  So I hopped into the back seat to try and cheer her up and this is what I saw.  At least she was laughing then.  So was I!
Heading back to Perry.  The clouds that past week have been incredible.  Lots and lots of rain with them, but still pretty cool to see.

Didn't realize until later that there was even a rainbow in this picture.
After Ken and I went out for dinner, I suggested we go to Houston Lake and see what kind of a sunset we get.  I originally wanted to live here so I could get here quicker.  I figure this will be my sunset spot like Loxahatchee was my sunset spot in Florida.
Not a spectacular sunset, but still pretty.  Someday I'll catch a great one here!

Love the stillness of the water for reflection photos.
There's even a dock here, as well as a boat ramp.
Nice getting out and exploring again.  Still have to find our routine here.

And it was another anniversary milestone for Layla.  Today she is 6 months old!
 Angie has this to say about her this month:

Layla is Six Months old today!

As we continue our never-ending chore of unpacking boxes, our beautiful baby girl continues to learn and grow. She still measures right around 25" long but has gained just under a pound, putting her at 14 pounds, 14 ounces.

This past month Layla has really gotten comfortable on her feet and is sitting up well in her Bumbo seat. She's starting to recognize people by name and has learned to stand on the count of 3. She plays peek a boo and loves Simple Songs, especially "Apples and Bananas".

Happy first Half-Birthday, Boo Boo! ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment