Sunday, May 27, 2018

5-27-18 Warner Robins estate sale:

Angie got me hooked on estate sales back in S. Florida.  You can find some pretty amazing things there.  We didn't get to many when we lived up in Buford, so when she told me about this one, I decided Ken and I should go. 
I don't know good furniture from junk, but Angie sure does.  In fact, a lot of stuff that I would take for junk she knows is worth a lot of money.  Guess that's from her interior architecture background.  I just know what I like.  I did like this table and the one above, but don't have anywhere to put it.  There were no price tags on either, so I don't even know if they're good or junk.
Now this is a piece Angie wanted.  they planned to come here after church---until I told her it was $6000!  
This was more my style---but, again, what would I do with them.  I didn't have to figure that out, someone had just bought them for something like $20 each. 
I did buy these, though.  At $2 @, that's more my speed.  Now I'll have to buy a little table to put them on.  :)
This could be an interesting area to go to estate sales in---having a big military presence, items like the credenza above came from Germany while the owner was stationed there many many years ago.  On the other hand, I can see Angie having a hard time selling a lot of her expensive furniture due to the lack of population here.  She may have to pick up a new hobby!

No comments:

Post a Comment