Wednesday, May 16, 2018

5-16-18 My 62nd birthday!

This is one of those landmark birthdays---like 16 and 21.  Now besides driving and drinking,  I'm old enough to start getting Social Security benefits!  Since I'll be drawing spousal benefits, I'll be getting more then I did per month then almost all the time that I was working!  Yea!!!

It was a no brainier on how to start the day.  Ken, Angie, Layla and I went to Lane's Farm.  Can't beat their senior breakfast for $2.49!  Although I splurged today and got 3 granola and blueberry pancakes for a whole $5.50.  They were excellent---and I had 2 to take home.
Decided to take a picture of their menu board--although it had changed to their lunch menu by then.  Lots of great choices!
 Lots of great desserts, too!
 
 On our way out, we drove by their strawberry fields. 
 Usually it has school field trips here, but maybe it's too late in the school year now.  I think school is out next week.
 Love the playground here---complete with tractors to play on.
 looking back towards the entrance to the gift shop and restaurant.
 Across from the field is a subdivision with their own airplane hangers.
 Hard to see here, but there's a grass runway here.
 On our way back, Angie took us for a little ride. 
 I swear the scenery here in Georgia reminds me a lot of the Willamette Valley in Oregon.
 some wild flowers.
 more old tractors by a fishing lake.
 another reminder of Oregon---log mill right in the town of Perry. 
Back at the house we hung out until Josh got home from his 2 night trip to Atlanta for business.  Then we headed out to dinner.  We thought we were going to a Mongolian Grill for dinner, but when we got there, it looked pretty uninviting.  So we continued on.  Ended up at Cheddars.  Turned out to be a great choice.  Even Layla liked it.  She was so engrossed in playing with the straw wrappers that she stayed entertained for quite awhile.
We were engrossed in our libations!
Next thing we knew, Layla had fallen asleep---in the middle of playing with the straw wrappers.
My steak dinner was very good.  As was Ken's chicken fried steak, Angie's salad and Josh's burger.  I was even pleasantly surprised when management brought me a bag with a couple freshly made chocolate chip cookies in it.  They, too, were very good!
Not my best hair day, but then, at 62, I probably won't have many of those anymore.
Even got birthday wishes from Tim and Faith.  Tim even called from Minneapolis where he is for a work meeting right now. 
It was a great birthday!  Hopefully there will be lots more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment