Monday, March 13, 2017

3-13-17  Toccoa River Swinging Bridge:

The sign on Highway 60 directed us to the swinging bridge.  It was 3 miles in to the small parking area.  Took us about 15-20 minutes each way to go the 3 miles.  Then we walked another 20 minutes or so each way to the bridge.
Here's the beginning of the trail
 another downed tree.


 lots of budding leaves

 The trail was pretty good most of the way.

 wonder why the tree lost it's bark?---bear?---deer?
 a seat near the swinging bridge.
 they like to make seats like this up in the north Georgia mountains.
 the bridge.  I didn't think I'd be too impressed---it's just a bridge!----
 I haven't been on too many swinging bridges---this one and the one on Kauai come to mind.
 I guess it's part of the Appalachian Trail?
 the river from the bridge.
 some of the wire supports.  It really did swing and bounce when you walked on it, but it was plenty sturdy!
 view the other way from the bridge.
 more from the bridge
 from the "beach" by the bridge.
 I was surprised how much I was impressed with the bridge.  The views weren't bad, either!
 Ken didn't make it to the bridge.  He was resting on the stump chair when I got back up that way.
 lichen on some deadwood.
 almost back to the car.  Surprisingly, we did see a couple other groups of people there. 
 Back on the dirt pot-holed 3 mile road back to highway 60. 
This was another neat thing we did here in Georgia, which I had no knowledge of before today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment