Sunday, July 31, 2016

7-22-16  Was able to just hang around yesterday and get ready for our departure today.  Although we did make it back over to Alton to go to another favorite place of ours---Castelli's Moonlight Restaurant for their fantastic fried chicken last night.

This morning I had another Dr. appointment---this time with my opthomologist.  I hadn't intended to go, but I scratched my glasses and Sam's will remake them but the one in Georgia needs a current prescription on file.  So back to ---- Alton --- to the eye Dr. 

With prescription in hand, we immediately left for Knoxville, Tennessee.  Figured we'd spend the weekend at our son's and daughter in law's on our way back to Buford, Georgia.
Looked like we were in for some rain!
 But I guess we got out just in time.  Soon I was back to photographing barns----
 and oil rigs in Illinois-----
 and colorful wild flowers along the highway.
 and some not-so-colorful wild flowers.
 When we got to I-57, there was the usual back up heading north.  We saw the back up by I-24 heading south on the way to St. Louis so when we got to West Frankfort, we got off the highway and took the old highway 37 that runs parallel to 57.  But first we stopped in Mt. Vernon and met my brother, Jane and Jasmine for lunch.
 Another cute barn---with a deer out front.
 anyone need a tractor?
 We even drove past the home of Superman before leaving Illinois.
 Creative advertising!
 Should have used YellaWood here, too!

 Interesting artwork on the grounds of a Rest Stop in Tennessee.
 As we were  approaching Nashville, the traffic built up.  I decided to check Google maps and see if there's a way around the city and was happy to see there is!  I think it was 53, or something like that.  It took us quickly around the city and we were traffic free until we got on 40 towards Knoxville just past Nashville.  At least it didn't last long.  There was an accident and it just slowed until we got past it.
 back to looking at the countryside.  Can't say it was all that clear.  The farther the views were, the more hazy they were.
 I love the mountains in Eastern Tennessee.
 Something else to look at besides barns.
 Getting close to Knoxville!
Got there about 7:30 and headed down the street from their place to a Mexican Restaurant.  Dinner and company was great.  Nice to know that when we leave here, we only have about a 4 hour drive to Buford, Ga., instead of the 16 hours or so to South Florida. 

No comments:

Post a Comment