Sunday, July 10, 2016

6-29-16  Yep---more pictures from Ivy Creek Greenway!

Right by building 6 of our complex is our own entrance onto the Greenway.  Sure like not having to haul the bike somewhere to ride it.  I could have ridden in the neighborhoods of Florissant, but I don't like riding on roads.  Florida was better since the walkways were about 6' wide and the neighborhoods were so nicely landscaped, but I still had to cross busy roads now and then.  Here I can stay on the trails and get a decent ride in.  Wish all of it was paved and flat, but I guess I'm getting more exercise going up and down the "mountains" and riding through sand on the dirt trail.  The part associated with the Gwinnett County Environmental and Heritage park is all paved and has some really impressive boardwalk bridges in it.  One being the one at the end of the trail that I've posted before.  But right outside our condo complex is a picnic/bar b q/ overlook area and another impressive bridge structure!
Near the beginning of that bridge.
 farter along the bridge
 coming to the end of that bridge
 usually I go to the left here and on to the end of the trail with the million dollar bridge.  It's only .7 miles, but goes up and down 2 big hills (4 with a round trip) so seems like a lot more.
 Today I went to the right and on up the one big long hill to the Environmental and Heritage Center building.

 Someday I'll have to go in and check it out, but not today.
 the back of the building.
 the front entranceway.
 lots of queen anne's lace along the greenway.
 after riding around the environmental building, I went back the way I came and went the other direction to the dirt trail.  That's where I often run into nature---turtles, deer, snakes, and even some really small unripe blackberries.
 and whatever these things are!
 This is actually listed as a wetlands area, but it's been so dry this summer that it's not a wetlands now!
 Back at home, I picked up an ornate metal base that was sitting out by the trash.  I find it amazing what people put out by the trash.  We even rescued a large plastic container full of baby girl stuff about a month ago and plan to donate it to Angie's church---just haven't gotten around to it yet.  I've also seen a drier, vacuum cleaner, table, a couple couches, and assorted other stuff which we didn't rescue, but it all disappeared before the trash trucks came.  Speaking of drier, we bought a washer and drier off Craigslist for $100@.  Anyway, back to the metal base---I put the glass top to the outdoor table that we had in storage on it.  It's a bit high for a coffee table, but great for eating at!  And when we're tired of it, it didn't cost us anything.
 We put a hummingbird feeder and a bird feeder outside our patio so I can watch the birds from the couch.  We didn't get any birds until we stopped by the Wild Bird Store down the street and he said to add sunflower seeds to the feed.  That did it!  Now we have a ton of birds. 
 Lots of these chickadees.
 and a family of 5 squirrels!  One has learned to jump from the rail to the bird feeder.
 Later that night we tried out another new place for us---Mimi's Cafe.  Ken didn't want to go, but I talked him into it.  Actually we got a coupon off Facebook for BOGOF entree off of Facebook.  I think even Ken liked his meal.  Our waiter even gave us the pineapple upside down muffin after I enquired about it.  So gooooood!
 We paid the $5 extra and got a salad and dessert, too.  The caesar salad was very good.  The key lime pie was excellent!  I think Ken liked his cheesecake, too.  I don't even remember what I got for dinner.  Ken got fish and chip and said they were really good.
Lots of great chain restaurants around here and they're really good, but I'd still like to find some little Mom and Pop places.  Maybe we have to venture away from the Mall area.

No comments:

Post a Comment