Thursday, July 28, 2016

7-14-16 Sunset and dinner at Stefanina's:

 It was a day of trying to get things in order again after being gone a few weeks.  Most noticeably was going through the piles of mail that were there.  Even though we filled out forms to have our mail forwarded, our USPS  carrier doesn't seem to know what they mean!  We were surprised to find a letter from our insurance company denying the nearly $1000 charge for the heart monitor.  It was prescribed by my in network Dr. and put on in his office, so I didn't even consider that it might not be covered!  In the past, verification was done in the Dr.'s office before treatment if there was any doubt of coverage.  So we called and contested the denial.  They filed our contest.  I also checked to make sure all the bills in the pile had been paid.  By evening, we were ready to head off to dinner.  Ken checked to see if his brother was working at Stef's .  He was, so we headed to O'Fallon for dinner and a visit.
On the way, we were treated to the prettiest sunset I've seen in awhile!
 Again the clouds and the jet contrails made for an interesting sky.
 Found a great place for a sunset picture---at 60 m/h on I-370 heading towards the bridge to St. Charles!  I just had my cell phone with me, but it takes some pretty good pictures!
 Farther along on I-370.
 Got to watch the sunset for the whole 25 minute ride to Stef's.  Bill is one of the owner/managers (actually I believe his wife is the co-owner with her brother---Stefanina was their mother).  He does a great job running the place. 
The food is very good and inexpensive, too.  I love their house salad.  Of course it's Italian.
 Love their pizza, too.  Especially their salami pizza.  Having lived in St. Louis for over 45 years, I've grown to expect pizza to have provel cheese on it instead of mozzarella.  I think that's a St. Louis thing because we haven't seen it elsewhere.  Nothing like the gooey provel cheese that sticks to your teeth while you're trying to eat it. 
 It was nice visiting with Bill and enjoying a Stef's salad and pizza.  he even invited us to join the family on The Hill Saturday to see their youngest child's new house and have lunch in one of the restaurants on The Hill---a very well known Italian area in SW St. Louis.  We accepted his invitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment