Thursday, July 28, 2016

7-15-16  big Dr. appointment day and biking the Katy Trail:

For the first time ever, Ken decided to go with me to the Dr.'s office.   My Dr. doesn't do ablation surgery (or surgery at all?), but his office partner does, so we went to meet him---expecting surgery to be discussed and scheduled.  But after mentioning the insurance problem of the heart monitor not being covered, he excused himself for a few minutes and came back and said our insurance wouldn't cover the ablation surgery, either, unless I've tried anti-arrhythmic meds first.  So I felt that was a rather wasted trip!  The other Dr. should have known that and prescribed the meds the month before!  They both had mentioned I should have a sleep study, too, since many people with A-fib have sleep apnea.  So I left there with a prescription for Multaq and another one for a sleep study (which I verified was covered by insurance).  Made an appointment for the sleep study for the following Monday and went to pick up my $800/month (of which we pay $50) meds .
We also went and paid for our AC and got our spare key back.
After all the running, I decided to take my bike for a ride on the Katy trail.  I use to ride it almost every day back when Ken was still working.  Once he retired, we road a couple paved pathways for a couple years until he quit riding.   It was nice to ride on the Katy Trail again.
 I remembered the Katy trail as being rocky and pretty rough.  But after riding the trail by our apartment in Georgia, the Katy Trail was a breeze!

 Found this fire hydrant along the way rather interesting.  Wonder if it was meant to be painted like this or if many layers have just peeled.
We also drove around Florissant and came across a couple amusing sites---
a lighthouse
 and a camel!
On that note, I'll end for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment