Wednesday, November 22, 2017

11-21-17  Atl. Botanical Garden-Gainesville:

Ken surprised me today with suggesting we go to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens in Gainesville.  I, of course, said yes, so off we went to the gardens.  Didn't really expect to find much there this time of year, but I was a little surprised.
First--with a couple cute little lego creations.  I learned me lesson last time when I picked one up and it fell and shattered, so this time I kept my hands off.  Afterall, Angie wasn't there to put it back together again.
Didn't touch the 2nd one, either.
into the garden.  Love the softness of the grass this time of year.
There were still some flowers. 
and lots of dried blooms.
I was surprised how much color was still here.
Many of the trees have lost their leaves now, but there were still some colorful ones here and there.
The pansies were still looking good.  Gardeners were even out planting bulbs---I believe they were tulip bulbs.
Had to check out the train town.
We were pleasantly surprised to see it was decorated for the holidays.


more pretty little flowers.
this guy flew over.  I pressume it's a turkey vulture, but I've never seen one before with one white wing and one black wing.
checking out the little stream in the garden
heading back up the path
interesting plants in the woods
more of the dried blooms off in the distance
another type of dried bloom.
another current bloom.
another another.
there were actually quite a few leaves left on some of the trees.

another view of the little stream.

lots of interesting leafy plants


leaves being cradled by the wispy grass topping.
don't know what these berries are, but they added some nice color.
more interesting leaves.
and some more flowers.
guess the bees were taking advantage of the few flowers still blooming.
almost back to the back of the entrance.
sitting on the swinging bench enjoying the views.
I was actually surprised at how many leaves were still on the trees here.
This downy woodpecker even came over to join us.
just another view of all the colorful leaves still in the trees.

Ken noticed one of these woody towers had fallen.  Originally there were 5 of them.  Now they're down to 2.  Sad to see them deteriorating and falling down.
This little guy came and joined me here.
Looks like he's ready for winter.
one last picture of flowers as we were driving away.
It was another beautiful 65 degree day.  Perfect for wandering around the gardens.  Turned out to be even nicer then I expected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment