Tuesday, November 21, 2017

11-20-17  "sip and strokes" at our apartment complex clubhouse:

The new management does try to have events about once a month.  This month they had a painting party.  I've been to a few of them with Angie and always found them fun, so I asked if she could come with me.  They said yes, so she did.  Nice that it was free, too.  Including the wine.
Got to check out the newly renovated club house, too.  It was a nice set up.
 this area use to be a wrapping station.  Now there's a bar and Foosball table.
 They had smaller canvases than at the pay to paint places, but that was fine since we never hang them anyway. 
 It was set up for about 30 or so people.  Ended up with about 20 people.
 We weren't shown a picture of the painting ahead of time---just the canvas the "teacher" had started.  I was a little leery when she said to start with the black in the corners.  I expect to start with the largest area and lighter areas.  But, hey---it's free and we were there more for the wine and visiting.

 This was as far as she had gotten on the example.  At this point she passed a picture around of what it was suppose to look like----nothing like this!  More like what I expected with the colors blended better.
 Some of the other painters.
 Angie's and my paintings to this point.
 I liked the picture much better then our initial paintings, so blended the black in some more.  Then added the white like the picture showed.
 Then I watched Angie do her magic.  She's very artistic!
 She has no problems going beyond the original and making it her own.  I thought it was really creative and pretty.  Prettier then the original! 
 My originality was adding 3 birds to the picture.
It was interesting seeing everyone else's paintings.  It always amazes me that people have a hard time copying a picture.  Too bad they didn't line us up and take a group picture like they do at the pay parties.  It was fun and we both visited quite a bit with the Gwinnett policeman/apt. security cop on property and his wife; and one of the sales people on property.  Supposedly management is doing the painting party again.  If I'm around, I'll be going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment