Saturday, November 18, 2017

11-17-17  biking the Suwanee Greenway:

This is the Greenway that the Ivy Creek Greenway is suppose to link to---some day!  Doesn't look like that's happening anytime soon!  But I have gone here to walk and ride my bike before, but never the whole 5 miles.  It was a nice 65ish day, so I decided to give it a try.  The 10 mile rt would be better then the 6 or 7 I can get here by our apartment on the Ivy Creek Greenway.  It's a really pretty ride, too, and the trail is paved or boardwalk the whole way.  Just wish I didn't have to drive to get to it!
The big pond wetlands area about 1.5 miles into the ride.
 another view of the pond.
 At the far end of the trail are some pretty good hills.  There was also a Frisbee golf course!  Bet it's even tougher when there are a lot of leaves on the trees.
 the trail in the Frisbee golf area.
 hard to see, but here's a pavilion along the trail.
 back to the above pond and boardwalk area going over the wetlands.  Saw ducks, herons, and geese here.  Not far from here I even saw 2 deer.  They were too far away to get a good picture of with my phone, though.
Next day I thought I was feeling the 10 mile ride a bit.  But alas, it was another cold coming on!  Just got over one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment