Saturday, August 13, 2016

8-7-16 walking around---

So I've discovered 10,000 steps is a little over 4 miles!  at least for me.  So one way to get a good chunk of that is to walk up to the stores down the street from us.  As hot as it is, I can even cool off by walking through some of the air conditioned stores.  And if I don't take my wallet, I'm not in danger of shopping!  So this has become one of my walking routes.
Just outside our complex I found this pretty butterfly.
 Don't know my butterflies, but thought it was interesting that this one has orange spots on the underside and blue spots on the top.


Looking back at the back entrance to our complex.  You even need a code to get through the pedestrian gate (behind the bushes on the right).
 The landscaping by the front gate and office building.
 This is the Ivy Creek Greenway from an overpass---part of my biking path.
 Looking the other way at the Ivy Creek Greenway.
 Yes!!!!
 Heading back to our apartment I checked out the pool.  I love having it for ourselves a lot of the time!  After a long hot walk, that's where I went next!
 Even saw another pretty butterfly near the pool.
Don't know if the walking is doing me any good, but it's just nice to be able to walk without my surgically repaired knee hurting or my calves tearing like was the problem for the last couple of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment