Monday, May 7, 2018

5-7-2018  Anna Ruby Falls:

Time to take a break from packing and get back into the mountains one more time before we move!  I'm going to miss these easy hour drives up into the North Georgia mountains!
First stop?---why Helen, of course!  And lunch before heading up to a waterfall.
 Since we hadn't been to Anna Ruby in over a year---and, in fact---it was the first one we went to when we moved to Buford, we headed there.   I was actually remembering a different waterfall walk, so this was a surprise to me.  And a walk I don't even remember very well!
 But it was a really pretty walk and there were lots of interesting flora along the way.



 The trail is paved and really nice.
 views of the river along the way are really nice, too.  I can't believe I don't really remember this walk!

so much color along the path


 more river views

 even encountered this little guy.  First snake I've seen on my waterfall hikes.


 getting to the end
 about a mile or so to the waterfall

 just another beautiful Georgia waterfall

 heading back




 so many different and colorful wildflowers.
 and mini waterfalls along the river

 old still
by the little visitor center by the parking lot

 another unique flower
 back through the cute little town of Helen
 and on down the highway that passes the bus graveyard.

 We even got off the highway to see if there is a way to get to the graveyard, but it was gated.
 so I took a few pictures from the outside
and we continued back to Buford and back to packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment