Monday, June 27, 2016

6-3-16 --- checking out the Ivy Creek Greeenway bike path:

One of the selling features for this apartment complex was that it backs up to a Preserve with lots of hiking and biking trails.  I had heard there were 8 miles of trails, but what I found out was they're not all contiguous.  Plus about 3 miles are off road on a dirt/sand/rock trail.  So the first couple times I rode my bike, I only got about 6 miles in.  I do miss the highly landscaped neighborhood rides I did in Florida, but I was looking forward to no more streets.
I did stop at the ruins of the old Mill along the path.
 I really love the wide paved areas.
 At the East end of the trail, this is how it abruptly ends.
Later in the day, we started our quest for favorite restaurants.  It was nice having our regulars there in Florida.  We certainly have a lot to chose from near us, but they're almost all chain restaurants.  We have a Preserve on one side of us and a huge Mall within a mile the other direction.  We even have a Costco less then 1/4 mile from our complex!  I'm hoping we're able to find some little family restuarants like Dyan's.  Tonight we went to Sugar Hill Diner about 10 minutes down the road.  I really liked it.  I thought Ken did, too. 
 He bragged about the huge catfish fillet he got, but he's still not sold on the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment