Tuesday, June 28, 2016

6-15-16 more Ivy greenway and our pool:

While on our bike ride a few days ago, we got to talking to a volunteer for the Gwinnett Environmental Center about the bike trail connecting to the Suwanee trail.  I had read that it was going to be connected, but couldn't see how.  He mentioned a trail within the preserve that I hadn't riden on yet.  I had seen it the first time I went that way, but didn't take that trail.  Then I forgot about it.  So today Angie and I went that way after our usual route the other direction.  It's interesting how they choose to just end a trail!
Our dirt/rock/sand route ends here:
 right after you go through this underpass!  Why would you build an underpass like this just to end the trail?!
Then we went the other direction.  It was only another 3 miles or so, but it was up and down some killer hills!  Had to make my bike shift into the first 8 gears---which it didn't want to do.  Never needed to use those gears before!  I even had my bike serviced during our last trip to St. Louis, but I had to manually force it into the first 8 gears.  Anyway----
here's where that trail ends!    A million dollar bridge to nowhere!  Apparently there's a .8 mile dirt path from there that you can't ride bikes on that connects to a 1.5 mile dirt trail you can ride a bike on that links to the Suwanee Trail.  So maybe someday they really will connect the 2 trails!
 Heading back.
 After the series of steep hills on the last part of that trail, it was definitely time to hit the pool!
 It amazes me that a complex can be so large and often I/we are the only ones in the pool!  It was that way in Coral Springs, too!
Not that I'm complaining!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment