Wednesday, June 29, 2016

6-17-16  trying to fix everything!!!!

Last time we were in St. Louis, I went to my Dr.s to get my prescriptions refilled.  As it turned out, my heart Dr. wanted me to wear a heart monitor for 10 days and come see him again to discuss the results.  This trip worked out being a good time for the followup.  So this morning I went to my followup for the next of my not too fun revelations.  Good news was my EKG and Echo-cardiogram were normal.  Bad news was my A-fib was much worse.  I didn't really think it bother me too much since I've been taking a low dose of Atenolol to keep my heart rate down, but I did feel it for a few minutes almost every evening.  Turned out that the monitor showed I'm in A-fib 22% of the time with the longest episode being about 5.5 hours with 13 episodes over an hour long, and during some of the episodes my heart rate was over 170 beats/minute.  That pretty much shocked me!  He had talked a little about a medicine to help eliminate the A-fib at our last meeting and I expected to hear more about that.  But he bypassed that and went straight to I should have an ablation.  That pretty well shocked me.  Maybe I'm not feeling as good as I can?  He doesn't do the ablation though, so referred me to his practice partner.  Now I have another appointment to go see the new Dr. next month. But I figure I'll go through with the procedure. 
Done with that exciting news, I went to the Ford dealer near my house to see if they'd check out the engine light.  They were having a grand opening with valet parking, high school band, and lots of police directing traffic.  It was quite confusing just getting to the service department.  But once I finally got there, they were very nice and ran the code for me.  I have no idea what it means, but he said I didn't need to worry about it.  So I'm not.
From there I ran back by the house.  Got a few more things to take back to Atlanta.  Also grabbed an extra key and took it to James to give to his Dad to fix our a/c problem before we come back next month.  With the a/c being about 25 years old, I figure it means getting a new one put in. 
Finally got back to the the Hicks's house about 3:30.  I knew Angie would be working on a news letter for her church most of the weekend, so didn't hurry back from the Dr.s office.   She even worked on it out on their patio for awhile.
 I love their yard.  Don't think I could do all the work that they do to it, but I sure do enjoy sitting back there looking at it.  Sure beats looking at the apartments behind our house in Florissant.
 They even had a flag flying.
 More of their yard.
 That evening Angie and I joined the mother-to-be and her mom for dinner.  It was nice seeing them again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment