Wednesday, August 30, 2017

8-29-17  buford high school volleyball:

How I miss this!!!!  After playing volleyball for over 40 years, now I can't find anywhere to play anymore.  I also really miss taking high school sports candids---which I did for 19 years back in St. Louis!  So, I decided to go check out our local high school's volleyball team.  Felt odd not having my candid sports camera equipment with me!  But it was nice being able to watch the games without having a camera between me and the action!  Plus, they happen to be the defending champs and are VERY good!  I also liked that they have 2 away teams show up, so there was 3 matches for the price of 1---which was only $4.  That's something else I'm not use to---as a candid photographer, I got into all the games for free.
 These were taken with my phone---just a reminder of what I did today.  In fact, I've recently been challenged on Facebook to post a black and white photo everyday for a week showing my life.  Since volleyball was such a large part of my life, I posted one of these (in black and white).
The 3 hours went rather fast.  All 3 teams were very good.  Buford did win both of their matches.  I believe they are undefeated still (in matches).  Would have been easy matches to get great photos from! 

No comments:

Post a Comment