Sunday, January 22, 2017

1-21-17  Praise the Lard----

Went to a new (to us) restaurant tonight---Praise the Lard.  Yes, it's a bar b q restaurant.  I thought it was really quite good.  Certainly not a fancy place.  They don't even wait on you---other then to take your order at a counter then bring your plate of food out to you.  It was very much a little Mom and Pop place.  I think I was more impressed with it then Ken was, though.
Ken coming to our table after getting his self service soda from the soda machine.
Interesting art work 
my chicken/pork combo with my choice of sides---collard greens and  house fries.  Apparently house fries are what I part mashed potatoes, part fries, and fried---not what I was expecting, but the meat and collards were good.  They also had a variety of sauces.  Sort of reminded me of a Bandana's Restaurant.
Always looking for different places to go to.  When you go out to eat every day, it's nice finding those places with great food and always great service---like Antonetta's.  Don't know if this place will get much of our business, but it's hard to find a place we both like a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment