Friday, January 20, 2017

1-20-17 a stroll along Mill Creek:

The winter here in Georgia has been really pretty nice.  They've had a record tying 10 days above 70 so far this Jan.  So I took advantage of the weather and took a walk.  Usually I go up to the shops, but this time I headed into the Preserve.

The river was up pretty much from what I remember back in the summer.
 I was surprised to see there's even some sand in places.


I was also surprised to see this bird house in the woods. 
This is the area of the river where our apartment complex opens out to the Preserve by way of a walkway.
With the trees bare of their leaves, I was able to finally get a good look at the river here.  
 Beautiful day!
 I got back onto the biking/walking path and continued into the Preserve.
 One of the scraggly trees along the path
At one point, I followed a trail that went back down to the river in another area and walked through the woods a ways.
 Heading back to the apartment complex I paused to take a photo of our building.  It's totally hidden when the trees are in foliage.
I'm looking forward to the trees leafing out and more walks in the Preserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment