Friday, January 13, 2017

1-13-17  walking around the neighborhood:

Since it was Friday and the kids had to work, Ken and I were left to our own devices for the day.  Since it was in the 60s, I decided to take a walk down to the nearby lake.

Looking up at their house as I was turning the corner.
 Looking back at their back yard and extra lot.


they live in a really pretty and hilly neighborhood.  On a clear day, there's a great view of the Smokey's from here.
 and here.
down by the lake.  I thought this was an apartment complex, but the kids assure me this is a single dwelling house!
lots of mist rising made for a neat view of the lake.
Who the park (Farragut Park) was named after.

 down the street a little ways (Faith told me later there's actually a trail from the one park to the other!) is another park on the lake--- Carl Cowan Park.
nice waterfront properties!

more mystical views towards another park.
 another view of the waterfront properties over there.
 Sounds like he was a remarkable man!
Where I sat and uploaded a couple pictures onto Instagram and Facebook.
heading back to the kids' house.
Ken even found a movie theatre near their place with $2.50 movies, so we went and saw a Jack Reacher movie.  When the kids got off work, we went out to eat.  Then visited til late in the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment