Monday, October 10, 2016

Sept. 27, 2016---heading back to St. Louis for a bit:

Yep, time to hit the road again!  Ken likes to say we're spending a lot of money to store our furniture here in Georgia!

I made the mistake of going to my Dr.s back in June ---mainly just to get my prescriptions refilled.  Hard to believe a mere 10 years ago I finally went to an internist for a complete physical---first one since the college sports physical I had when I was at UMSL playing varsity volleyball.  I no longer go to the internist, but now I have an electrocardiologist, endocrinologist, orthopedist, ophthalmologist, and will soon have a pulmonologist!  And some of them keep wanting me to come back every couple months since June!   After a year of calf muscle tears and then recovering from arthroscopic knee surgery a couple years ago, I thought I was finally doing well again!  Until the electrocardiologist said it was time to wear a heart monitor again,  to check on my A-fib.  Trip 2 back to St. Louis was to discus the heart monitor results with the electrocardiaologist.  I'm in A-fib 22% of the time now---even though I seldom notice it.  The Dr. recommended seeing a heart surgeon and having an ablation.  Trip 3 back to St. Louis was to see the heart surgeon.  Turns out heart surgery won't be covered by insurance until I tried heart rhythm meds first.   He also recommended a sleep study since a majority of people with A-fib also have sleep apnea.  Trip 4 to St. Louis was to see how the heart meds did---they failed.  Thought the heart Dr. would discus the sleep study results, too, but no---gotta go to a pulmonary sleep Dr. for that!   Also went back to the endo Dr. during trip 4 for more lab work since I don't go to an internist anymore---fortunately that's all good!  Couldn't get into the pulmonary Dr. this time, but they did set me up with a C-pap machine.  Apparently I have severe complex sleep apnea----some obstructed, but mostly central (never even heard of that before!  Apparently my brain forgets to tell me to breathe!).  Also something called hypopnea or shallow breathing!  Trip 5 to St. Louis will be later this month to have the ablation and to go to the pulmonary sleep Dr.  The fun just never stops!!!!

Anyway---we've been driving back and forth to St. Louis for those trips.  It's a 10 or 11 hour drive each way.  Shouldn't be, but we always get caught up in some accident or construction traffic!  I like to take pictures of the countryside as we drive through it.
Somewhere in Georgia.
yard decor?!


rusty silo
roadside cemetary
super wide barn
in case you forget what country you're in.
 interesting old barn/house?
the hills of Tennessee.
 lake near Chattanooga
 midwest log truck!
 more Tennessee
Love going through the Tennessee mountains.
farm lands

love all the barns

 horses in Kentucky---wonder if these guys ever ran in the derby?!
 lots of bridges.
 and, of course, the traffic congestion of Illinois's I-57.
At least the weather was nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment