Monday, October 10, 2016

Oct. 2, 2016---white river!

Between all the Dr. appointments and visits with friends, I managed to get a couple walks in.  I like to walk to the park a short distance behind out house---St. Cin in Hazelwood.  I was even surprised to see these pretty wild flowers growing along the way.
 But I was downright shocked when I came to the bridge going over to the park and saw the white river!
 Cold Water Creek has been in the news a lot because of hazards found in the water, but I don't recall it ever being white before!!!
 I happened to still be there when Missouri Water showed up.  One of the drivers walked over to the creek, looked at it, went back to the truck, and they all look off.  Apparently they figured it wasn't something they did, so they weren't going to do anything about it.  For 2 or 3 days the news talked about the white creek and how water samples were taken, but they didn't know what it was for about 3 days.  Apparently a truck carrying latex crashed and they were told to wash it down the creek since it's "water soluble".   Eventually they were told to clean it up, but that took a few more days.
 I continued on my walk.  I was surprised to find bananas growing in someone's yard!  Can't say I've ever seen that before in St. Louis county!
So my exercise for the day turned out to be a rather interesting walk!

On my follow up walk on the 5th, this is how the "cleaned up" creek looked----

No comments:

Post a Comment