Friday, October 14, 2016

Oct. 11, 2016---A Fall stroll along Ivy Creek:

Still trying to get my "steps" in whenever possible.  It's really not hard with the Preserve and the shops so close by.  Today I decided to take a walk in the Gwinnett Environmental preserve adjacent to our apartment complex.  Nice to see there's still color out there!

Wild flowers
 pods --- but I don't remember what flowers were here before it turned to these interesting things.


Fall berries of some sort, too.
 One of the trails in the preserve.
 more flowers gone to seed.
 since I was walking today instead of riding my bike, I ventured off on one of the dirt trails.

more wild flowers.
an old barn by the environmental center.
the old historic house by the center
Would like to see the inside of it someday.
 Will have to walk up here to the Environmental Center sometime when I have time to go through it.
almost back to the apartment complex.   This is where some guy asked me if there really are Georgia panthers.  Kind of an odd conversation starter!
love the shadows on the walkway.
There certainly are a lot of nice easy walks around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment