Monday, October 30, 2017

10- 27-30 -2017  hanging out with the grandpets:

I had hoped to get back up to the mountains and hike a waterfall, but had caught a cold right before we went.  Ended up not doing much---went to a couple movies and out to eat.  Also enjoyed the nice weather we were still having.
 Did go to probably our favorite restaurant there---Lakeside Grill (or something like that) and had a great dinner (salad with chicken in it!).


 Hung out with the pets a lot.  Even Clawdine hung out with us a lot more this time then she usually does.
 She even played with us.
 Ken and I did go to breakfast at a restaurant the kids introduced us to last time we were there.  They have fantastic cinnamon rolls!  Not to mention the rest of the menu.
 Jesse playing with Grandpa.
  After 3 or 4 days, we got a text from Angie that Josh's Aunt in Sikeston, Mo. died and Josh was driving up there by himself.  I knew she was wanting to go, too, but we are their dogsitters, too.  So I sent Ken home to watch them so she could go.  Turned out pretty good.  I spent 2 days here by myself, then picked Tim and Faith up Monday night.  Since I was without a way home, Angie and Josh took a bit of a detour going back home and came to Knoxville for the night.  Then they brought me back to Georgia. It was nice being there with all 4 of them.  We don't get together too often anymore.  Need to start doing our monthly brunches again!

For the most part, I had a good time---cold and all.  Got to see Cade's Cove at sunrise, go to some movies, visit with all 4 of the kids.   Ended up being there for a week---longest trip there yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment