Sunday, July 10, 2016

7-4-16 The 4th of July!

Another hot one.  Dined in Suwanee again.  This time at Taco Mac.  Very good service and meal, again.  In fact, service here in Georgia is outstanding.  Only had poor service a couple of times and even then it would be considered good service in many of the places we've eaten at in St. Louis!  After dinner and walking the pups, I headed back towards our apartment to get my camera and head to the parking lot across the street from the Mall of Georgia.  There were lots and lots of people already staking their spots by 9pm, so I set up there, too.  It really stays light here quite late right now.  I love it!  At 9pm it's still light.  But it also meant the fireworks didn't start for quite awhile yet.  It was about 10:15 when they started.
 As soon as they started I realized I wasn't in the greatest spot to see them.  I  had set up my tripod and was ready to take extended exposures, but ended up putting that away and going with auto and 6400 ISO and had to zoom in on them.   At least next year I'll know where they shoot them off from at The Mall.

 Thought this one was cute.  They shot a few of these ones off, but only one was turned so that we could see what it was from this parking lot.
 It seemed to be a short exhibit.
 The finale seemed to come fast.
 And that's it!
At least I was able to get home very quickly.  The parking lot was about 1/4 mile from our apartment complex.  

No comments:

Post a Comment