Sunday, July 2, 2017

7-2-17  long walk on Ivy Creek Greenway:

Doing pretty good with the walking lately.  My knee is even pain free for a lot of it.  Today I took probably my longest walk yet in the preserve behind us---about 6 miles.  Got my 10,000 steps in before 9:30 a.m.!  Also saw a lot of neat things.
like some really interesting wild flowers.
 passion flowers!---in the wild!!!  along with wild blackberries!


 I got a really early start (for me) today --- about 7:30am.  With how hot and humid it's getting here in the mid day, going early or late makes sense.  Here the rising sun was making sun rays through the trees.
 even early enough to catch this young guy!
 I even saw it's mother watching me from a distance.  The fawn and I where happy just standing there staring at each other until another walker came charging past me and scared it away.
 back to looking at other wildlife.  Don't know what these are, but I think they're really cool.
 another little water fall upstream from the one by the old mill.
 one of the little areas of rapids
 Ivy Creek meandering down stream.
 another really cool wild flower! 
 It was early enough that there was still a lot of dew on stuff, too.
 yep, another cool flower
 a more common wild flower
 the historic old bridge over Ivy Creek by the southbound I-85 entrance ramp from SR20.  This use to be a road back before the area grew up.
 One of the buildings in our apartment complex as seen from the trail.
 a bunch of cute little mushrooms.
The preserve has turned out to not be a very good place to ride my bike, but it is an interesting place to walk!  I usually go to the East (as I did today) because it's much flatter, but the other way is neat, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment