Wednesday, July 12, 2017

7-11-17  last day of Knoxville vacation:

We decided to stay another day.  Faith had taken off work, so we stuck around to annoy her.  After breakfast at First Watch, she and I ran to Walmart.  She had suggested we go to The Beach (one of the pools at the fitness club she's a member of).  I don't often pass up going to a pool,  or ocean,  or lake, ... .  So we had to go shopping so I could get a swim suit first.  I've gotten some from Walmart before, so figured that was a good place to check.  Eureka, it was even on clearance for $11!  Pretty sad that they clearance summer clothes out in early July!  But I was happy to get a swimsuit for $11. 
It was a hot day today---over 90.  The pool was great!  I was surprised how big it is.  I was also surprised at how few people were there---until we'd been there about 30 minutes, then a bunch of families and kids groups showed up.  But it was still a great couple hours.  This was about half of the pool.  No "beach", but the zero entrance area had a squishy rubber bottom to it. 
Had to leave after a couple hours.  Faith had a Dr. appointment.  Then we just hung out until Tim got home from work.  Dinner was at some unimpressive brewery in Turkey Creek.  We didn't know that it was trivia night and would be very loud.  My salad was good, though, but we were ready to leave as soon as we were done eating.
Spent a few more hours visiting at the house, then said our good-byes figuring we wouldn't see them before they headed off to work.  It was a fun 5 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment