Thursday, February 2, 2017

Feb. 1-17  sunset walk to the Costco parking lot:

A while ago we discovered the Costco parking lot was a pretty good place to catch sunset.  Another advantage is that it's only about 1/2 mile from our apartment and on top of a hill.  It looked like we were going to have another pretty sunset tonight, so I decided to walk up there and check it out.  Even found that if I go to the back of the building, I can sit on some steps while I wait for sunset.  Didn't turn out as pretty as last night, but it wasn't bad and the weather was up to 70 again, so it was a great night for a walk.
The clouds looked very promising----
 But I guess the different levels of clouds made for a rather odd sunset.
 The lower clouds were dark by the time the higher clouds turned to colors.
 Looking East was pretty nice, too.
 On my walk, I also took a picture of the sign for our upcoming event at our complex.  Since we've moved to the Preserve at Mill Creek, they've changed management.  I believe this is the 2nd time in a year or 2.  We liked the management when we moved in, but the new ones seem to be very good, too.  The new ones are always trying to do something to involve the renters.  They've had a cheese and wine reception, a movie night, and I think there were a couple other things.  We've been out of town for all of them.  We'll be around for this one, but don't think they want our blood.
For dinner we ended up at Friend's Bar and Grill for wings Wednesday.  Love the tables with the stickers laminated into the table tops.  Especially liked this sticker.
 Great little bar and great wings!
We even went to a couple thrift stores.  The corner of the livingroom where I normally sit when I'm in there is pretty dark.  So when I saw this lamp/side table for $6, I figured it would serve the purpose!
Another beautiful winter day here in Georgia.  Now we need to get the trees full of leaves and flowers again!

No comments:

Post a Comment