Sunday, December 25, 2016

12-25-16 a very Merry Christmas!!!

Even our Grand dogs Micky and Molly seemed to enjoy their short Christmas vacation to our house. 
 I hadn't planned on putting up a tree, but on Christmas eve, Josh helped me carry the tree up from the basement and helped me assemble it.  I didn't spend long decorating it, but it was nice having it up---finally!  And it stayed up until the day before we left to head back South (mid Jan.).  Angie and Josh even managed to pretty well full up the space under the tree with lots of beautifully wrapped presents.


Micky enjoyed playing catch.

Molly enjoying her new toy from the Hickses.
 My stash of presents from Angie and Josh.
 a couple of Angie's gifts from Tim and FAith.

 Josh acting like he likes one of the presents we got him.
 Angie even likes wrapping presents---and it shows in the quality of the wrapping!  I detest wrapping presents!---I'm so glad someone came up with the idea of decorative bags and tissue wrap to cover the present with.
 Micky looking to help.
antique tile from Tim and FAith.
Another gift from Tim and Faith.  Josh and Angie are huge fans of Johnny Cash.  
 What do you get someone who buys everything he wants------his own box----
 full of his favorite goodies.
 I cheated and asked Angie what she wanted---a $25 pair of tweezers.
 Threw in a candle, too.
and a couple Folk Art books---another passion of theirs.  Should I tell them I got them from the used book store in Knoxville?!
 Micky just chilling.
 Ken doing his scratch offs.  I believe he even won $10 or so!
 I got a bunch of really nice gifts, too!  Tim and Faith got me a really pretty intricately marked decorative gourde.  Angie and Josh got me a candy dish and candy; a beautifully hand painted ornament;
 and Angie made me a unique necklace using a couple of my own photos.  Not a bad haul!

We even went back to Josh's folks house for Christmas dinner.  Another fantastic dinner with great company!

It was a great Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment