Saturday, November 5, 2016

11-5-16  Sunset near Alton, Illinois:

I don't know why, but St. Louis does seem to get more then the average beautiful sunsets!  I forget where it was now, but not too long ago I overheard a young lady telling her date that she never watched a full sunset before.  I can't help thinking of that whenever I'm watching one now!  What can you be doing that's so important that you've never taken the time to watch a sunset???!!!
Anyway----I guess this is another reason why we don't mind the ride to Alton for dinner.  If we time it right, we're often treated to a gorgeous sunset to or from dinner. 
This is actually  the Mississippi River from the Missouri side of the bridge going over to Alton.



 This is one of the wetlands just north of the Mississippi River.

 Sometimes the Mississippi floods into this area.
 Must be pretty good fishing.  There always seems to be people here fishing---or are they using that as an excuse to be here for these fabulous sunsets?!
Still not feeling the greatest --- throat is still swollen and very sore, but we wanted to get to Castelli's one more time while we're in the area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment