Thursday, November 10, 2016

11-10-16  forest fires!!!

Gotta show off my flowers some more!  All the lillies were closed originally and I've been able to watch them gradually open day by day.  It's like having a different arrangement everyday!
 Trying to get back out and get my "steps" in, but it's been really smokey here!  Northern Georgia (and 5 other states around here) are on fire!  Worst draught Atlanta has had in ages --- no rain for about 2 months now.  We decided to take a ride out to the lake and see what it's looking like there.  This was taken along our way.  This also shows one of Ken's pet peves!  He's always expressing annoyance about there being 2 turn lights up for 1 turn lane.  Gotta admit, I don't recall seeing that before and there are a lot of them here, but I can't say it really bothers me that much.


Heading north on I-95 to the Lake Lanier exit.  Lots of smoke in the air.
 At Old Federal Park. 
 Looking out over a very low waterline.
 This is all suppose to be underwater.  The post to the left of the sand is actually the end of the swimming area.  At least I now know there's a nice sandy bottom for quite a ways out when the lake is full.
 A dock totally out of water, too.
 still a lot of color in the trees here---even through all the smoke.
 This is another dry beach area and an island that is now part of a peninsula.
 I was hoping the smoke would lead to a brilliant sunset.
 looking East
 Without any clouds, the smoke just caused a hazy sunset.
 This is the lake bottom that is normally covered by water around the "island-peninsula".
 just a pretty leaf on the sand
 That pretty much does it for this sunset.
We keep watching the lake get lower and lower.  I'll be glad to see it start filling up again.  In fact, I'll be glad when winter is over.  I'm not looking forward to the cold---anything below about 65 degrees!

No comments:

Post a Comment